Mehedi Hasan Rana
Bangladesh misplaced Liton Das early within the morning after he added simply four runs to his overnight 34. Mehidy Hasan’s maiden hundred lifted Bangladesh to 430 and on top of the West Indies after two days of the first cricket Test on Thursday. Mehidy Hasan’s maiden hundred lifted Bangladesh to 430 and on prime of the West Indies after two days of the primary cricket Test on Thursday. Opener Imrul Kayes struck a career best a hundred and forty four off a hundred and forty balls to guide Bangladesh to earlier than the hosts restricted Zimbabwe to in 50 overs. The hosts began their victory push, decreasing Zimbabwe to seventy six-2 at stumps on the fourth day after Mahmudullah’s unbeaten 101 off 122 balls helped the side declare the second innings on 224-6.
2017 was a remarkable 12 months for the Bangladesh Cricket group as they registered their first wins over Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and in opposition to Australia at residence. His contribution in both the collection was sufficient to cement his position within the Test playing XI and likewise earned him the opportunity to represent Bangladesh in the green jersey as nicely. Hasan managed to take his team into semifinal but misplaced to West Indies.
Ind Vs Eng: Prasidh Krishna Able To Make Pace Speak On The International Stage
Mehidy has batted within the high six many of the occasions during his Under-19 days and the fact that bats at eight or beneath for the nationwide group might be a purpose why he hasn’t produced the desired numbers. Considering his caliber, it shouldn’t be long earlier than he is given a fixed place within the top six as a genuine all-rounder. He has the age, quality and temperament to turn out to be one of Bangladesh’s biggest superstars.
A bowling-all-rounder, he is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm off break bowler. In November 2018, towards the West Indies, he took the most effective match figures for a Bangladesh bowler in a Test match. In February 2021, he scored his maiden century in Tests in opposition to the West Indies. In the identical series, he turned the fastest bowler for Bangladesh, in terms of matches, to take 100 wickets in Test cricket, doing so in his 24th match. 2017 was a memorable year for Bangladesh in Test cricket as they notched up their first ever wins over Sri Lanka and Australia at home.
Mehedi Hasan Rana
His talent was first found by former Bangladeshi off-spinner Sheikh Salahuddin. Mehidy captained Bangladesh in the Under-19 World Cup in 2014 on the age of sixteen and made his first-class debut for Khulna in opposition to Rajshahi Division in February 2015. Mehidy’s excellent bowling, with help from Nayeem and Taijul, covered up the absence of Shakib Al Hasan due to a fresh thigh harm. Bangladesh reached forty seven-three in its second innings at stumps on day 3, stretching its result in 218 on an more and more deteriorating pitch.
- He went to Kashipur Cricket Academy from the place he was first chosen for the under 14 National Cricket Tournament.
- Like most Bangladeshis, he additionally had a forgettable South African tour where he performed just the one Test with no single wicket despite bowling more than sixty five overs in the match.
- Player of the Tournament in the U-19 WC adopted with an outstanding domestic season ensured him a spot in Bangladesh’s Test squad.
- He bettered his efficiency by notching up two extra six-wicket hauls within the second Test at Dhaka which helped Bangladesh beat England for the very first time within the longest format.
- In the 2016 edition of the Bangladesh Premier League, he represented Rajshahi Kings who finished runners-up.